mBot Ranger Erratic Behavior in Drive Mode After Firmware Update and Code Upload

Hey, everyone! Hope you’re all doing well. We received our mBot Ranger a few days ago, and it initially worked fine in Drive mode. However, after we uploaded some code using the mBlock web version and updated the firmware, the Ranger has been behaving erratically in Drive mode—it stops randomly and sometimes moves without commands. I’ve attached a Google Drive link with a video that illustrates the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfPOQlvfz__h2FiKkoI8FvJLbsaOeudR/view?usp=drive_link

Thanks so much for your support.

@i3uRi After uploading a code to the mBot, the default firmware is erased. It is likely still running your code and doing seemingly random things. To use the default code again, open mBlock, add the mBot Ranger default, and upload the Default Firmware again.

@i3uRi
This is an AI generated response. Verify important information.

Hello! I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing with your mBot Ranger. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the erratic behavior:

1. Recheck the Code: Ensure that the code you uploaded is correct and does not contain any commands that might cause the erratic behavior. Sometimes, even small errors in the code can lead to unexpected results.

2. Firmware Update: It’s possible that the firmware update did not complete successfully. You can try updating the firmware again, making sure not to unplug the USB cable during the process to prevent hardware failure⁶.

3. Reset to Factory Firmware: If the issue started after updating the firmware, consider reverting to the factory firmware. This can help determine if the problem is with the new firmware or something else⁷.

4. Check Connections: Verify that all cables and components are securely connected. Loose connections can cause intermittent behavior¹.

5. Battery Check: Ensure that the batteries are fully charged. Low battery power might cause the mBot Ranger to behave unpredictably⁴.

6. Consult Makeblock Resources: Makeblock provides a variety of resources, including video tutorials and FAQs, which might offer a solution to your specific problem³.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, you might want to reach out to Makeblock’s customer support for further assistance. They could provide more targeted troubleshooting based on the video you’ve shared and any additional details you can provide about the code and the steps you’ve taken so far. Good luck, and I hope your mBot Ranger is back to normal operation soon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.