Mbot ranger can't update firmware

Hi

I bought mbot ranger (Orion board). I assembled it and was able to operate it using the Makeblock iOS app. However, when I use the mBlock app (v5.1.0) or the Makeblock Arduino IDE I can’t update the firmware. If I try to make a simple block program without updating the firmware then I run into an error “get code upload driver by stk500v2” and I can’t proceed any further.

I found youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2IAgsE-smM ) on updating firmware for mbot ranger, but it seems to be on an earlier version as the version of mBlock app than I have (v5.1.0) because the latest mBlock app doesn’t have the Connect / Update Firmware in the menu selection.

Please help. Thanks.

I mainly use iOS version of mBlock app but tried it on the Windows version as well, with same results.

Sorry for the delay. May I know is your kit Ranger or Starter? As Ranger uses Auriga board and Starter uses Orion board; And mBlock 5 doesn’t support Starter yet.
The video is for mBlock 3.
If you are not sure, please give me some pictures of your kit.
Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.