mBot firmware update via USB cable

Hi there and thanks in advance for any help. I recently set up the Light Chasing Add On for an mBot that is one year old. I downloaded the latest mBlock5 software and can connect Bot using bluetooth. I receive a message to say firmware needs to be upgraded by connecting a USB cable. I plug in usb cable to bot and laptop (windows) but receive a message on my laptop to say the usb device is not recognisable and an unable to connect via USB. I have tried using the previous version of mBlock but the Firmware Update option is greyed out. Any suggestions please?

Just as a bit of extra info, mBot is working just fine with ios app on both iphone and ipad. Through the iphone app MakeBlock I can see that the current version of firmware is mCore 06.01.007 and there is a new version available 06.01.107 which I need to download. Again I get redirected to use a PC version of mBlock to restore firmware. I have also checked under device manager, Ports section and I am not seeing anything appear for mBot in the port. When I plug in the USB cable to windows 10 I get an error message and under USBcontrollers in Device Manager I see “Unknown USB DEvice (Device Descriptor REquest Failed)”. I see from previous posts that this means mCore has failed however I don’t see how this is the case if she is working fine with ios Apps… I have also tried different usb ports, downloading the previous version of mBlock (version 3) and switching the bluetooth chip for the 2.4ghz chip - nothing is working for me!! thanks again…

Hi, happy new year.
This link may help you: https://www.mblock.cc/doc/en/faq/bluetooth.html

Hi there and many happy returns!

Thanks for your suggestion above - I tried this and I appear to already have Bluetooth 4.2 (LMP 8.256) on my PC. I did update the Bluetooth driver and tried again however no change to what I have described above. It is an Intel Wireless Bluetooth with two hardware ID’s: USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B&REV_0010
USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B

Thanks in advance - any help gratefully received

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.