mBot - Device level admin needed, I need a solution

One of the schools I work at recently purchased some Mbot Robots for classroom use. I downloaded the mBlock software and connected up to the robot fine on my machine (As admin) However whenever I attempt to connect via USB/COM3 port as any student or non-admin user it shuts me down with ‘Device Driver not enabled’. I really need a solution to this.
I also emailed support but their suggestion of intsalling under D: Drive didn’t work and installing un der C:\programs also didn’t work as a non-admin user.

Based on what you’re saying this is a Windows permission issue. I suspect that the driver and/or the app will need to be given the appropriate permissions by the Windows admin. I’ve looked around the forums, and all I saw were the usual “install the Arduino driver” and “make sure the mBot is turned on” responses. Some time back , i thought someone had mentioned re-installing the software as a user rather than as an admin, but I can’t find that thread.

Wish I could be of more help, but I don’t admin Windows very often. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.