mBot & DC motors

Hello. I want to know how we can install more DC motors on mBot besides two default that carrying the wheels?

@oSanj As far as I know, the best and easiest way to do so is to buy more motors and a motor driver sensor. Is that an option?

So, let’s imagine that I want to assemble an mBot so that it can drive, and at the same time install two additional motors on it so that there are fans on top. I have motors (a lot). But how do I connect them to the board, that is the question! We are talking about mBot robot, NOT mBot-Neo.

I haven’t tried this, but you might be able to utilise an RJ25 connectable Me Dual DC Motor Driver module - however, as you can see these need a RED RJ25 connection (& mCore is the only board that does not have any of these). A RED label indicates an output voltage of 6-12v DC, which allows the RJ25 connection of either an Me Motor Driver, an Me Servo Driver or an Me Stepper Driver. See below:

These are the soldered connections on the underside of the module:

And here you can see that these soldered connections have connectable pinouts on either side of the orange clip connectors.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.