mBot Bluetooth with tablets

Hello im a teacher at collage. We are consedering that buying mBots. We have only 5 tablets (Samsung t580). Can we use 5 mbot bluetooth version with our tablets at the same time in the classroom?

You can, but it the pairing can be tricky. I’d suggest if you go that way that you turn off all of the mBots and tablets, and then turn on one each to pair it before doing the rest of them in the same fashion.

Thanks for answer. After this steps, can the mbots and tablets stay connected at the same time is right?

The tablets will stay connected to the mBot it paired with until that connection is broken. At that point, any other Bluetooth device is free to pair with it (which is where things can get tricky if there are multiple connections dropped at the same time).

I do this often with 5 pairs. A few guidelines:

• Turn on the pairs and finish the pairing one by one.
  • Bring the mBot and tablet very closely together during the pairing, while keeping some distance from the other pairs.
  • Remind the students not to turn off mBots or tablets.

If you follow these guidelines it works ok. I have to repair something maybe every 30 minutes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.