Mbot bluetooth connection problem

Hello,

I just got mbot today, my mbot is bluetooth version.
I use mblock software of computer to “upgrade firmware” with USB cable.

I can use my iPad pro to connect mBot via bluetooth, but mbot needs to plug USB cable with my computer so that iPad can connect with bluetooth.

If I disconnect USB cable with the computer, bluetooth function doesn’t work when I use App on iPad. (I can see Makeblack robot shown on bluetooth searching page of App, but I can’t connect with it.)

I can see blue light flashing on bluetooth module, it should work fine.

Can someone tell me how to use bluetooth without USB calbe?

Hi,

It is not normal. I propose to try some Makeblock application under IOS.
There is Makeblock, Mblock and Blockly.

Are the 3 applications non-functional ?

Makeblock works fine via bluetooth with USB cable, but without USB cable, Makeblock can’t find mBot via bluetooth.

Blockly can’t find mBot via bluetooth even with USB cable or not.

mBlock shows “Device not supported, or firmware not detected” with USB cable, if I disconnect USB cable, mBLock can’t find mBot via bluetooth.

Hello,

Is the USB cable plugged into your iPad Pro ???

If this is the case, can you connect it to a computer and update the firmware of your mbot?

No, USB Cable plugs into computer. my iPad pro uses lighting interface, the USB cable that mBot attached can’t plug into iPad pro.

Hi,

it will be necessary to see with Makeblock. Personally, bluetooth mBot works well with the iPad Air. I would try to update the firmware to a PC but Makeblock can certainly help.

Sorry

My problem solved.

I use alkaline batteries, and I found some batteries leak liquid, now I remove them and use normal batteries, everything is fine.

Thank you.

happy to learn it

Glad to hear that issue fixed.
Btw, here we have someFAQs for mBot, you may have a reference if necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.