mBot 2

Hi Makeblock,

I tried to find the mBot Neo Device on the Online version of mBlock 5, I can’t find it … Am I crazy ???

I would like to start exploring the blocks, even if I don’t have the product

Hi crackel,
Regarding your question:

I connected the mBot Neo via USB cable, started mBot 5, and then selected mBlock for the devices.
If I then select the “Sensing” category, there are the following blocks.

If CyberPi is selected as the device, there are completely different blocks in the “Sensing” category.

Back to the device “mBot”:
I choose “Connect”, it connects.
If I then create the following program and press the green flag, “NOTHING” happens.

When I open the Arduino-C Editor and try to upload the program, I get an error message.

At the very top right of the screen there is the “Python Editor” button. I can also call it up;
On the screen, however, the CyberPi logo and other messages appear on the left.

If I then press “Run”, I get an error message “Module not found”. By the way, this always comes. There is a corresponding error message too here in the forum.

Conclusion: there is still a lot to be done.

I hope that all of this will be fixed in August, when the mBot 2 is also available for you. We say in Germany: “Hope dies last.”

Hello Horst

Your failing blocks script seems to have a ‘Green Flag’ hat block at the top - shouldn’t this be a “when your device starts up” hat block?

regards

Lindsay

Hi Crackel, mBot 2 is not designed as a new device in the library, but as an extension of CyberPi, please check the picture as below:

haaaaaa, I understood that the CyberPi was the controller but I ignored this detail. I will be able to try to help phg1 even if I don’t want to buy a CyberPI (I want an mBot2).

Found and there are actually a lot of blocks. Fortunately, for Makeblock that I do not yet have access to an mBot2 because I would review all the orders.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.