mBlock5 Extension Center

Hi there!

Excuse me if this is not the right place to post but I’d like to know if is it planned to add the Extension Manager functionality to mBlock 5 and if so when.

Thanks in advance!

Good question.

Version 5.0 RC for the device Codey, has a new extension for the emotion in beta.

Other questions : Would there be documentation for us to make new extentions ourselves?

We can expected it. It will be open for users so that you can write your own extensions in mBlock 5 later version.

Cool, I already have some ideas. With a good communoté and some information, the possibilities will multiply.

Do you have an idea with which programming language the modules will need to be developed?

extensions are written in Javascript.

That said, the extension center will be much more user-friendly, well documented,
and you may create new hardware devices; add blocks to existing devices; have blocks generating Arduino or Python code; or maybe adds firmware or calibration commands. While the APIs are stabilizing and there is still some foundational work, it is already used by many new product teams.

Hi and thanks for the answer.

Do you have any idea about when is it going to be available? 3-6 months? More? :wink:

I’m curious about the manager. Would it be possible load local extensions and use them withoud publishing it?

Thanks again!