Mblock5 Arduino Nano firmware update with Linux

Hi guys,
was anybody able to update the Arduino Nano firmware with Linux?
I’ve tried in different ways but always without any success.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 with the kernel 5.3.0-994 .
I download the mblock-link package and started as sudo mblock-mlink start .
Then I started Chrome and went to https://ide.mblock.cc/?device#/
Then i selected my Arduino Nano ( I have a clone named Franzis )in the device section.

My device is not shown and i have to select the flag:
“show all connectable devices” and i can select /dev/ttyUSB0 and press ‘Connect’.

The connection seems successful and i see some lights blinking on the Arduino.
Then I try to upload something and it fails with the follow error:

start processing code…
processing code by middleware of pinMode
Arduino server connected.
Arduino compile…
variantPath:/app/src/external/arduino/avr-library/variants/eightanaloginputs
avr-toolchain/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"/app/src/external/arduino/avr-library/variants/eightanaloginputs" -I"avr-library/cores/arduino" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src/utility/avr/" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire/src/utility/" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/EEPROM/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/SPI/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/SoftwareSerial/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/WiFi/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SD/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Bridge/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Temboo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Servo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Ethernet/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/TFT/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SpacebrewYun/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/LiquidCrystal/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/GSM/src/" “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.cpp” -o “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.o”
avr-toolchain/bin/avr-gcc -w -Os -Wl,–gc-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -o “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/out.elf” “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.o” “/app/src/external/arduino/nano/libnano.a” -lm
avr-toolchain/bin/avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .eeprom “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/out.elf” “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/out.hex”
Arduino compile finish.
Arduino server disconnected.
processing code by middleware of arduino
processing code completed
get code upload driver by stk500v1
start uploading…

I also tried to update the Firmware
But another error raised:

I tried also with:

1. Firefox
  2. Restarting the mlink process directly from root.

Nothing and repeatly nothing.

To note that if I use the Arduino IDE selecting the Arduino Nano w Atmega328 I am able to upload the code to my Arduino.
Unfortunately I do not know any way to get the live mode working that would give me more things to play with :slight_smile:

Can anybody help me?
Many thanks
Alessandro

Hi zioalex,

Does this problem only happen when you use the linux? May I know do you have the same problem on Windows computer.

Hi @tech_support,
I do not have a Windows machine.
Best Regards
Alessandro

Hi zioalex,

Did you use the old version arduino nano board in this link?
It should be the compatible issue since currently, only the latest version arduino nano is supported. Anyway, I have feedback your application request to the software product team. They will consider this version, but it should take some time to support it.

Hi dear @tech_support,
yes the model is exactly that one.

I hope to be able to use it ASAP.
Best regards
Alessandro

MacOS: Can connect to arduino but cannot upload

Hi Alessandro,

Got it, we will let you know when it is supported