mBlock on Windows laptop doesn't connect to mBot via Bluetooth

Hi everybody,
I just bought mBot for my kid and encountered the issue with connecting from mBlock application v.3.4.4 (installed on Windows 7 laptop) to the robot.
Following the instruction I plugged in at first the USB cable, Upgraded Firware and unplugged the USB. But I could not connect via Bluetooth afterwards. I tried to do it via Connect->Bluetooth->Discover. It shows the device but the connection is not established and after a few minutes the mBlock application stops working and closes (problem details: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3). The attempts to connect via Connect->Serial Port are not successful too. No errors are shown but the device is not connected.
At the same time I can connect to the device via Bluetooth from my iPhone.
Would be very grateful for any hints how to solve this issue.
Best regards,
Konstantin

a) disable the bluetooth connection on your phone first … the bot can only connect to one device

b) try to use the bluetooth settings in windows to pair with the robot first

c) restart he robot and mBlock after an USB connection before switching to Nluetooth

Hi there,

I had similar problem but now I resolved it. I bluetoothed my mBot with my IPAD first, and found unable to bluetooth mBot with my Window 10 laptop even after upgrading Firware and unplugged the USB. So,

1. I turned off Bluetooth from IPAD
  2. On mBlock, Connect --> Bluetooth --> Discover… , and it found my mbot config number (may need to do it couple times for laptop to find the nearby mBot!)
  3. Somewhere on my bottom right side of Window, it pop up a box for me to tab and add/manage Bluetooth devices (I guess it is the same as of going into bluetooth settings tab.
  4. It pop another message ‘Compare the passcodes… Does the passcode on Makeblock match this one? … with a random number shown in the middle of the message box’
  5. Clicked ‘Yes’. However, for some reason, it said ‘That didn’t work’ !
  6. Then I repeated step 4 and 5 several times until another passcode appear and all of the sudden one of those matched and paired!

Dear Andreas and dchan2,
Thank you so much for your responses.
I removed mBot from the Bluetooth devices and then followed your advices. After 3 or 4 attempts mBlock finally connected to mBot and we enjoy now playing around with it.
Brgds,
Konstantin