mBlock is not transfering floating point (.0) to code

Dear friends,

I love mblock, using V5.4.3, but there’s something i can’t wrap my head around, and it’s this:

On https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/variables/data-types/float/ it is stated that:

x = 1;
y = x / 2; // y now contains 0, ints can’t hold fractions
z = (float)x / 2.0; // z now contains .5 (you have to use 2.0, not 2)
Notes and Warnings
If doing math with floats, you need to add a decimal point, otherwise it will be treated as an int. See the Floating point constants page for details.

But i can’t seem to have the compiler include the .0: it simply doesnt see it.

In my original application i need the fraction part, when i copy and paste the preview code into IDE and manually add the .0 my application works fine, but that kinda defeats the purpose of mblock :slight_smile:

Any suggestions?

@babylon_nl the block is designed to take a number and so it auto rounds (removing the .). That shouldn’t happen on the Arduino Code, this is a bug. I’ll report it, but it might be a while until something happens. In the meantime, I’ll try to create an extension to fix the issue.

Good luck!

Thanks @Best_codes for confirming this, i’ll stop worrying about it than, i’ve tried to work with the extensionmaker, but I get hopelessly lost in the symantics, I’m really looking forward to your extension and be happy to implement it!

Great! We’ll see if my extension of mBlock’s fix comes first. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for an extension to be reviewed.

Great, @Best_codes, will you let us know what the extension will be named? Thanks a lot!

I sure will. Might take me a bit to get started on it…