mBlock 5 for mBot: educational use

Hello, we have some questions about the use of mBlock 5 for programming and controlling the mBot with 2.4G Wireless Serial for educational use in the classroom.

-The mBot can only be connected with an usb-cable. Does mBlock Versie.v.5.0.0-beta 5.2 or later versions will support 2.4G wireless connection for mBot?

-The Arduino C module does not show the structure of the program commands for the mBot in the screen as the Phyton module does for a Codey program.

-At the moment the mBlock Versie.v.5.0.0-beta 5.2 is not the best solution for programming the mBot. Will mBlock 5 be further developed for the mBot in the future or will the mBlock 3 version receive a specific update?

Thanks for the respons,
J. De Winter

Hi johan.dewinter,
Thank you for the suggestion.
2.4G feature for mBlock 5 is under evaluation, not decided yet;

Structure? Will you take a screen shot of that for me?

“further developed for mBot”, what is your expectation or suggestion? mBlock 3, I am afraid we won’t update but focus all on the mBlock 5.

By the way, now there is mBlock 5-RC version, you may install it and feedback to us if there is any suggestion or problem.

You have to enable “upload mode” and drag this head.

Thank you for the information.
Is it already known when the mBlock 5 will support the 2.4G connection? Whitout the 2.4G connections we can not use mBlock5 during the lesson for programming our 10 mBots.

Not yet, I’ll forward your feedback to the software team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.