mBlock 5 Extensions

Hi @techsupport,

Can you help me how to install/add extensions in mBlock 5? I cannot find code extensions for RGB Line Follower, color sensor and Audio Player. By the way, I installed the application without an internet connection.

Do I need an internet to do this?

Thanks,

Cris

Hi Cris,
Is your mBlock 5 the latest version? 5.0.1.
If yes, when you add mBot from device library, did you see the download icon like below:

If yes, download and reopen mBlock5; then under “my blocks”, go to extension center, add the extension you need. If add is grayed out, check if there is “+” icon here, click on this one and then add:

Then we’ll have the blocks we need:

Hi tech_support,

Thanks for the usual positive response. I already know now the answer to my question. I need to have an internet connection to download the extensions. I have a PC w/ a connection and the extensions can be downloaded. For the other PC which doesn’t have an internet connection, the mentioned extensions are not visible.

May I know if there is a way to add the extension offline? For instance, I can download a zip folder and add it manually to mBlock 5. Here in our country, most schools don’t have a reliable internet connection. I hope you will add a feature like that in mBlock 5.

Thanks

Hello Cris,
I’ll check with the software team how can we proceed this case. Maybe I’ll contact you next week.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.