mBlock 3.4.11 connectivity problem

Hello,
for our school I bought 8 mbots and in order to connect them with our PCs I also bought some Bluetooth-USB-Dongles. Connecting to the mbot via Windows works fine, but when I try to connect it with the Application this doesn’t find my robot.

Are theres different Bluetooth-Standards?

Connections with iPads or Android-Phones work fine…

Hope someone can help me…

Thank you, bye
tobi

Are the 8 mBots Bluetooth version?
Are the USB dongle from Makeblock also? Like this:
To get mBot (Bluetooth version) connect with mBlock 3 (3.4.11) without using USB cable, we need Makeblock Bluetooth Dongle. You can pair mBot Bluetooth module with Makeblock Bluetooth Dongle in this way: connect the dongle to computer USB port and press button on the dongle, the light will be quick flashing, then power on mBot, light on Bluetooth module will be flahsing, when both lights stop flashing, means they are paired and you can connect serial port in mBlock 3.
To connect Bluetooth with pads/phones (Makeblock App), there is no need to use the Makeblock Bluetooth Dongle.
For more question, you may send me a testing video.

Hi. !

as I said… connecting with my system works, but in mBlock I don’t get a connection…

I’m using th internal bluetooth of my PC

Aufnahme%202018-12-14%2012_31_52

Don’t know where the problem could be…

Thanks for your answer… perhaps you have another suggestion…

Bye
tobi

This Bluetooth module doesn’t support to connect mBlock 3/5 through pairing with computer built-in Bluetooth.

Thanks for the information.

So this works only with the mBlock-Dongle?? Or what specs does the bluetooth-stick need?

If you want to connect mBlock without USB cable, then yes. You have to use Makeblock Bluetooth Dongle. For the third party bluetooth dongle, we cannot guarantee the good compatibility with our Bluetooth module.

That was not mentioned in the discription, was it?

As they are not the cheapest ones it would be good to inform customers in advance. Well I’ll try to solve the problem somehow.

thanks

The Bluetooth module was not designed for connecting mBlock software through pairing with PC built-in Bluetooth adapter.
Now there is an alternative except Bluetooth Dongle that you can download mBlock 5 Bluetooth version at this this link.. But make sure your computer supports Bluetooth 4.0

How to use it, please refer to this link.

Dear tech_support,
you said:

The Bluetooth module was not designed for connecting mBlock software through pairing with PC built-in Bluetooth adapter.

please have a look in your own documents (page 6):
Original Makeblock Tutorial!

and another link to your own youtube-channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aRZYKFBGk

That’s really not nice!
It’s time for a clear documentation.
At your own shop, it doesn’t exist a Makeblock USB Bluetooth dongle at: electronic modules / communicators! Have a look:

https://store.makeblock.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_108

But still today you can order a 2.4G Wireless Serial adapter.
You wrote at Aug, 18th in :
https://forum.makeblock.com/t/make-mblock-compatible-with-2-4ghz/11802

the following words:

Sorry, currently there is no plan to add this 2.4G for mBlock5.

Maybe you changed your plans - otherwise, decide yourself to buy this comfortable deprecated thing.
The future is yesterday.

Moin Tobi:
did you solve the problem? Since Yesterday it is possible to buy an original Makeblock USB Bluetooth dongle in Germany at amazon. But if you teach at school, it’s a bad idea to pray, that the wireless connection still works tomorrow too. That would be clearly drama.
I think about changing to completely open source.

best wishes for 2019,
Martin

Hi Martin,
Many thanks for your feedback.

Bluetooth dongle is under store.makeblock.com: https://store.makeblock.com/electronic-robot-kit-series-STEM
under all, not communicators category.

The tutorial is indeed outdated and we failed to update since the new Bluetooth module released. Sorry for the misleading caused. We will try to clear the documentation and upload an updated one.

For 2.4G and mBlock 5, to be honest, there is no plan to add still. We are continuing to record and forward users’ feedback to the related team, maybe it will be added since too many users ask for that. What our focus will be on Bluetooth which can provide better connection experience.

@tech_support writes:

our focus will be on Bluetooth which can provide better connection experience.

… which is really a pain for school use, because it leads (own experience) to chaos, as pupils find out how to connect the robot to their smartphones and start playing around instead of using the IDE to program …

We have a whole bunch of mBots with 2.4G dongles and would love to switch to mBlock5 because we allready use SCRATCH3 to teach the basics.