Makeblock xy plotter

Hi, I have been trying for over 6 hours to get the mdraw software to run. I built the xy plotter, and tried to run mdraw. The problem is it WON’T HOME so I assume the calibration is off. When I run the print it just runs to the corners and continues trying to push beyond.

I tried everything with the limit switches. I changed, rearranged, etc. They appear to be working, as the readings in the settings change from 1 to 0 when pressed. But, the pen head will not move to a home location.

I’m not sure what else to do. I need to use mdraw (not familiar with the Arduino type of coding).

Be sure to copy @tec_support on these questions for faster response. :slight_smile:

Hi Kim,

Please double check the wire connections for the XY plotter refer to the following pictures:

If all the connections are correct and connected properly, please upgrade firmware for XY plotter and test Home again.

I think you should know that even if wiring is checked few times, and plotter “home” properly, it bangs in every other corner like stupid.

Hi AdamRatai,

May we know more details about the problem on your XY plotter?
If it is possible, please kindly take a video to show its behaves while testing home.

I will do in future, if I set plotter up once again. I was playing with it in january. in this time mdraw was ignoring switches, while other software seems to react on them, so it’s not wiring problem. I think I will decide to give it a go when I see some movement in software area. From technical point of view, except too short wires and loose pen holder it is very nice and solid product, but overall experience was dissapointing. I blame myself - It is more robotic toy, less plotter.

On mDraw software, the limit switches works only when you test the Home.
In other operation cases, limit switches won’t work, so it is better to put the material to a proper place.
While on Benbox software, the limit switches work since the programs write for the two software are different.

Thank you for an answer. I will keep my eye on mdraw updates, maybe when svg transforms will be more mature (setting size using numeric input for example) or when I see some tutorial how to make pen holder bit more reliable and user friendly, I will again come back to play with plotter. As for limit switches, I cannot test it now, but my memory says, that they work only in home position, and even after setting it, they didn’t stop motors in other corners. But I can be wrong.