LaserBox will not initialize

Laserbox either gives me the flashing lights indicating it is booting or I get the sequential lights indicating “working” (which it is not). I’ve tried contacting support but only got bot response. Is there a way to reset the firmware to what it came with?

Try the xTool support page:
support.xtool.com
In the meantime, I’ll see what I can find out.

Been there, done that. I can’t update firmware, it’s already updated and anyway I can’t access the machine. I’ve taken off all the covers, unplugged and replugged all the cables on the right side, made sure that the water reservoir is filled. Do I really have to replace the boards after only 3hours of use? What a piece of crap for thousands of dollars. I was so happy with my X1, thought this would be just as reliable with more power. What a mistake.

OK, @gweigion,

Has it worked fine before the FW update? Is the machine in question Laserbox Rotary or the older Laserbox Pro without rotary attachment?

Are you connecting to it via wifi? Could you try using USB cable (there should be a USB type A port near the power switch)?

If the light ring is displaying “working” pattern at startup without even receiving a project from Laserbox software something is badly messed up…

The light ring goes in the “working” pattern forever (left it on last night, was still doing it this morning… no computer was on in the shop).
I have tried ethernet, usb and wifi.
Initially, after much cursing, I finally got it to hook up via wifi. Did about 3 hours engraving/cutting getting the feel for the settings. Hadn’t used it for a week and got it to hook up very briefly to “upgrade” the firmware, it has not worked since.

It’s funny, I didn’t get the glowforge because I didn’t want a web-based software solution, but it turns out it would have been a better purchase, since it would have been a “solution” rather than an ongoing problem. (I was able to use the neighboring school’s glowforge to engrave a bunch of plaques and had no problems whatsoever with it).

A new mainboard was what corrected the problems.

Great! I’m glad everything worked out for you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.