Laserbox first time usage

Hi All,

Happy to join this forum!

Super excited to start working with our new Laserbox which arrived over the weekend. I’ve watched plenty of videos but can’t find a real in dept step by step first use. Non of the movies talks about the water tank.

When I was onboxing our Laserbox, I found a sticker next to the water tank which is very confusing saying “Fill the tank with pure water before use. Prohibit the use of pure water or other liquids”. On another maintenance video they are putting in anti freezing liquid.

Can someone advice please?

Thanks!!
Ludwig

Already replyed your mail in support mail,here shared again:
1.You need to make pure water and antifreezing liquid should be mix completely,1.2L purified water with 1.6L antifreezing liquid,you can check on this link to get Precautions for Adding Antifreezing Liquid to Water Tank.

2.It’s better don’t use mineral water,because its ingredient will affect the power of lasertube.

3.For the antifreezing,it’s better to use food grade antifreeze.

4.It’s better to remove out the liquid from the tank if you will have a long time transportation for the laserbox.

5.The mixed water and antifreezing liquid is for cooling laserbox,add antifreezing liquid is to avoid the cooling system get freezed in the cold weather.and this mixed liquid also won’t affect the power of laser-tube.

So sorry! I had send the e-mail prior signing up to the forum.
I’ll centralize everything via this medium.

Thank you for your swift reply. I appreciate your help!
Regarding the water, very clear, I’ll source purified water. Two more questions;

• As we are using the machine in Kenya where the average day/night temperature is about 28°C, do we still need antifreezing liquid or can I only use purified water?
  • How often do you suggest to change the water/cooling liquid?
    Thanks!

Hi Ludwig and all, i’m a new user too, I unboxed the laserbot today and I noticed the same sticker that made me doubt!
Thanks for questions and answers, you clarify me about “purified water”, but I have one more question about water tank: is it full or empty on first use?
I think full, but I’m not sure I got it right.
Is there a way to understand if it is?
Thank you

Hi,

Cool and welcome to the club!
The tank is empty when unboxing the Laserbox however, it is still wet inside (mine was) I assume due to testing purposes before it leaves the production area. Without opening the tank you’ll see if there is water in it (trough the plastic), If you are still doubting just open the tank and you’ll see.

Purified water is like battery water (or demineralized water it’s kind of “dead water” to avoid fungus etc" you can get it in most petrol stations or hardware shop. I got confirmation that there is no need of putting anti freezing liquid if the outside temperature never reaches below 10 degrees. Living in Kenya with an average annual temp of 28 degrees so no need for me.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Help everyone.

I received my Laserbox on Friday and have been cutting away merrily since then. I found this forum so just joined, and now I am scared as there was no indication anywhere I had to fill the coolant, and I cannot see where to check it either?

Can anyone help. Oh and my tray wont open I have asked that on another thread but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Its OK I found out how to check and it has coolant in it. Panic over!

Now just to work out how to release the tray.

Hi, like you, I cut too before I found out about this tank liquid thing…but I don’t know how to open the top glass…in the video http://cdnlab.makeblock.com/Laserbox_How-to-change-the-water.mp4 they used a heat gun, that I haven’t got…maybe i can use a hairdryer

…what about you all? How did you do?

For the tray, my one opens when the lid is opened by simply pulling

many thanks

oh yes, in the video they say I can use a hairdryer…now I try…

Hi I used a hairdryer and it came off easily. My tray seems pretty locked in even with the door open.

To remove the tray you have to remove 2 screws first. It’s not in any documentation I found so far, but I figured it out by myself. Look for 2 black screws facing downward between the honeycomb and the chassis.

Finally I open it (with the hairdriver) and…the tank was not empy but more then half full…thanks to all!

while using hair dryer to remove the cover,pls don’t heat one place for a long time,because the cover is plasitc,long time heat one place will demage the cover

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.