Keypad

Hi,

I am trying to use a KEYPAD for a project. I took an Arduino and the following extension
pad

But a mistake, do you have any idea?

start processing code…

processing code by middleware of pinMode

Arduino server connected.

Arduino compile…

#include <Arduino.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SoftwareSerial.h> void _delay(float seconds) ; void _loop() ; // generated by mBlock5 for // codes make you happy char key ; void _delay(float seconds) { long endTime = millis() + seconds * 1000; while(millis() < endTime) _loop(); } void setup() { key= customkeypad.getKey(); } void _loop() { } void loop() { _loop(); }

variantPath:/app/src/external/arduino/avr-library/variants/standard

avr-toolchain/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"/app/src/external/arduino/avr-library/variants/standard" -I"avr-library/cores/arduino" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src/utility/avr/" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire/src/utility/" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/EEPROM/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/SPI/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/SoftwareSerial/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/WiFi/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SD/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Bridge/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Temboo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Servo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Ethernet/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/TFT/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SpacebrewYun/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/LiquidCrystal/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/GSM/src/" “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.cpp” -o “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.o”

Command failed: avr-toolchain/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"/app/src/external/arduino/avr-library/variants/standard" -I"avr-library/cores/arduino" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src/utility/avr/" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire/src/utility/" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/EEPROM/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/SPI/src/" -I"avr-library/libraries/SoftwareSerial/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/WiFi/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SD/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Bridge/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Temboo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Servo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Ethernet/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/TFT/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SpacebrewYun/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/LiquidCrystal/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/GSM/src/" “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.cpp” -o “/root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.o” /root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.cpp: In function ‘void setup()’: /root/mblock-avr/temp/build/code.cpp:23:8: error: ‘customkeypad’ was not declared in this scope key= customkeypad.getKey(); ^~~~~~~~~~~~

Failed to compile file code.cpp

Arduino compile finish.

Arduino server disconnected.

Without this extension, all is functional … this extension seems well done to me.

Hi Makeblock,

Is it normal that there is no space after the Include?

Hi,Crackel

If the code can run successfully that is ok

In fact, it does not work …

Web version = Not working
Local PC version = Not working

It’s sad…

Hi Crackel

Did you create the extension yourself? and which extension doesn’t work,only this keypad?

Hi makeblock.lindingxin,

Makeblock or internet extensions work but none for the PAD. I would have liked to use a Makeblock card like Orion or mCore but there is no extension because there are a lot of PINs to connect … If I could adapt the KeyPad to the RJ25 that would be ideal.

Conclusion: Arduino and probably I’ll do an extension. I would have liked to have had the code for the extension to find the problem but otherwise I will start a code from zero.

Hi Crackel

Can you upload the library files maybe we can check the error for you

Yes makeblock.lindingxin,

I have already started other extensions but it takes me a long time. I would have liked to use an extension already created. Thank you

hey!! did you manage to work it out ? (the keypad extension)

Hi say,

I went with an ESP32 Espressif with the KeyPad… I needed a lot of PIN…

Project in lost time but moving forward…

Either they made a bad extension or you aren’t using it correctly. :grinning:
It says the custom library “customkeypad” was not declared in the code.
Look at the source Arduino C code that your blocks translate to (Click the </> arrow). Around the top of the code, is there any code that says:

#include “customkeypad.h”

or something similar?
If so, there is just a bad include in the extension, or it is referenced incorrectly.
Else, copy that code and paste it in the “Arduino C” ab (upper right-hand corner). Add in the include code (#include “customkeypad.h”) and change things around a little. See if the code will upload this time.

Else, you can try a different extension or make one yourself.
(I can also sigh make you an extension, but it might take a while.)

Thanks for your time,
Best_codes