Issue with me ultrasonic sensor v3

Hello,

My son received 1 month ago from his friends on his birthday a mbot robot.
But we had issues programming since the sensor for distance did not seem to work.
I now am pretty sure after typing few programs to test it that it does not work.
Distance is always 0.
How can I solve this?
The red LED is on…

Thanks,

Best regards

Hello BenLou,

Red light is normal. Here are the steps to check your sensor.

1. Bancher the mBot in USB
  2. Connect the mBot with the correct PORT
  3. Go to the Setting button and then to Update Firmware
  4. Select the Online firmware (06.01.07) or higher
  5. Stay in mode: Live in order to see what the sensor returns
  6. Run the program below by clicking on the green flag

My explanations are perhaps not very clear … if you have difficulty, I will make a small video.

Hello,

I already tried this with little success (always 0 value).
But after trying with phone and PC over and over, once it worked from phone… and then again not on PC and not on phone.
So might be a false contact somewhere I suppose.

Best regards,

BenLou

Thanks

Hi there:

It seems that the ultrasonic sensor is faulty if you purchased on Amazon pls contact with the seller to replace the conponent for free or you can contact with local distributor and follow the same steps to replace the part you need and do remember provide your PO or receipt for them.

Yours

Hi BenLou

Your sensor may be faulty but your son may find that downloading my book ‘mBot&Me - vol I’ from Makeblock Education may help (it’s a free download too) and if he is, or you are, new to all of this then you will get a lot of useful help from reading through it. You can find the .pdf file at:

https://education.makeblock.com/resources/res-mbot/56549/ 10

Thanks!
Downloaded it.

Thanks,

It was a gift from my sons friends for his birthday.
Will try to get the invoice.

Will they replace only one part or should I send it all back?

Hi:

You just need to send the component to the distributor but you must comfirm it is the problem of ultrasonic sensor otherwise it might waste your valuable time or you can send it all back to them,it is up to you.

And if distributor don’t have this kind of component let them contact with us,we’ll ship the parts to them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.