Is makeblock going out of business?

What is going on with Makeblock? We spent the last 2 years developing an opensource robotic microscope imaging platform based around their xy plotter kit and a handful of additional make block parts. They now say they are no longer fulfilling orders through their webstore and that orders will only be fulfilled through Amazon however they only have three pages of products on the Amazon store. Almost none of the additional individual beams our project requires appear to be available. Are they going out of business? I can’t imagine any business stopping selling 90% of its products…it makes no sense unless they are closing

I’m not sure that Makeblock is going out of business. It’s more likely that the company has reached a volume of sales that it makes sense for them to use Amazon as a distribution channel. This is a fairly recent change and they may not have completed loading all of their inventory loaded into their Amazon store.

@tech_support, can you ask a someone in sales to comment?

They actually got back to me last night and assured me the company was fine and that they’ve just not done a good job of rolling out the new online store…so I was probably overreacting :slight_smile:

Thank you for all of your support and attention. We are very fine.
Sincerely sorry for any misleading or inconvenience caused by our recent changes of the official website.
Currently the website for product introduction not for purchase since purchasing from the official website relates much tariff and freight, which is not good for end users. So we suggest the users to buy from the local distributors or from Amazon. Some small items are not available on Amazon now, please kindly turn to your local distributor. If they still have no specific item you need, please contact us freely. Also we are negotiating with Amazon, trying to add some popular items to Amazon in form of packs or kits.
Once again, sorry if any inconvenience caused.

If it ISN’T, it SHOULD! I recently (VERY) screwed up and bought an IR Starter robot kit. It is the BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER made!!! These things SHOULD have been PULLED OFF the shelf EVERYWHERE they were sold! Within the first 2 months, I’ve had TWO of the Orion boards DIE. The BOOTLOADER goes to 43LL for NO REASON at ALL! It’s like they set the BLOODY thing to BLOW UP after the 100TH time you edit and upload something. I had to tear down an Arduino project to RE-LOAD the BOOTLOADER, just to find that the “TinyUSB” took a DUMP on the FIRST one! That was a week ago, now the P.O.S. (Not Police Officer Special) replacement did the EXACT SAME LUNCH JOB. GEE GOLLY WILLIKERS, is it me, or is it MakeBlock GARBAGE? I think any reasoning person can figure that one out! I now don’t care if I get tossed off this forum, MakeBlock should, if they want the STEAM money, GET OFF THEIR COLLECTIVE BUTTS and GREATLY improve their attitude towards their customer base. I spent money I really could NOT afford to buy this Starter robot kit. The mis-leading “Starter” is what got me to buy it in the first place. God help any 12 year old that hasn’t taken computer class since he/she/it was born!
Rather PO’ED
Gregg

Hello Mr. Gregg,
First of all, thank you for choosing Makeblock. We do appreciate that you spent so much time on playing with our products, and writing these valuable suggestion and feedback to us although they are negative. We Makeblock value and will evaluate any feedback from each customer, especially those negative which will drive us make move forward and become better. Thank you.
We can totally understand your current situation and feeling. Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience caused by our products. Please also believe us that we indeed want to solve your issue. We’ll forward your feedback to corresponding department and have one colleague from product department contact you over this case.
Once again, sincerely apologize for bring you trouble and inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.