IOT Codey with Sprites

Dear Expert,

I’m in the middle of IOT project with my class and we are not able to complete our project due to IOT extensions are not working any more. My Project is to send a communication to Codey from Panda Sprite and in turn Codey send confirmation back to Panda over user cloud message- It use to work before without any issues but not stable now and most of the time does not work . Any recent change Mblock did ? Request you to confirm , this is really leading to waste of time and energy. Please assist …

Regards
DoonRobotics.

hi,

I have already done some Cloud try… so i have some ideas about possible problems… I will look at my feedback… monday… if not, is it a project like a remote control or a saving information to a file??

Hi Doonrobotics123,

Personally, the Cloud works very well for a short interaction. I have not tested for several hours but for a short period, it works.

From experience, it has happened a few times that the Makeblock server crashes for several hours. There are 2 parts: The server for the compilation which can be solved by using the Local mBlock and there is the Cloud part which you can do nothing about.

If not, is there a direct WIFI solution??? But I don’t know what you’re trying to do. Do you need a computer or can you use a Halocode or a CyberPi???

Hello Crackel ,

First of all thanks very much for your time in replying the message. The sample code as mentioned by you is more or less same as mine and my project is like sprite to Codey communication over internet using user cloud broadcast … I did performed it many time in my other sessions but for little over 2 months or soo the user cloud broadcast function is not working as expected . I raised feedback to Make block team as well and currently awaiting for the response.

Kind Regards
DoonRobotics

Hello Doonrobotics123,

Naturally, Makeblock’s answer will probably be more accurate than mine but my answer will also and probably be faster.

I’ve tried your code dozens and dozens of times and at home in Canada, it really works great at 1000 Mbps. However, I tried to go further. If I click super slow but really slow I get the sent message to fail. However, it’s a bit strong as manipulation so here are my questions.

1. What internet link speed do you have?
  2. Are you in a school and last a Firewall?
  3. Do you use the same Makeblock Cloud ID or each student has their own ID?
  4. Do you use computers or a tablet?
  5. If a computer, are they wired or WIFI?
  6. What region of the world are you located in?

Michel

Note: I would like to help you more but I have no problem. Have you tried adding an endless loop in your SPRITE program… Just for your if the program is not sleeping
E

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.