In which case use block "Arduino program" and "Green flag clicked"?

In which case use block “Arduino program” and “Green flag clicked”?
What are the differences between these blocks?

“Green flag” allows you to start or stop running a program using Scratch. In this mode, the mBot (or whatever kit you have) executes the Scratch/makeBlock program. (Actually, the mBot is running the default firmware and accepting commands from Scratch in real time to return data or perform functions.)

“Arduino program” allows you to create an independent program that can be downloaded to the mBot (see the Arduino view in the mBot UI). Once downloaded, the mBot is fully independent of Scratch and can be disconnected.

To restore the mBot so that it can once again be controlled by the Scratch UI in real time, you’ll need to reconnect to mBot and use the “Restore to factory” or “Update firmware” options.

Thank you very much!
When I use the “Restore to factory” or “Update firmware” options, and work through the “green flag”, mBlock work through Firmata Protocol as a Scratch4arduino? Yes?

I’m not sure if it is compatible. I don’t know the Firmata Protocol or Scratch4Arduino.

It works in a similar fashion, but as @Lentil noted, the firmware is different.

To me, it seems as if scratch4arduino is not developed further. But maybe snap4arduino will come in the future.

Scratch4Arduino seems to be done with what it was going to do. Snap (used to be the BYOB extension for Scratch) and Snap4Arduino are still under active development and they are open to working with people who want to integrate other robots with it.

Nice community too!