How to recieve encoder data from Makeblock Optical Encoder Motor-25 9V/185RPM using an Arduino Uno?

I have bought the Makeblock Optical Encoder Motor-25 9V/185RPM and the makeblock me encoder motor driver. I want to know how to read the encoder data from the motor as for a project we have to build our own PID controller on the arduino. I know there is some software specific for this by makeblock but I want to read the data with an arduino and then use the arduino to create a PID controller of our own.

Any help in the right direction on what to do is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Danny,
According to your description, you must be our advanced player. For such kind advanced DIY project, we may only provide limited support since this is beyond our ability to support. Hope you can understand.

Anyway, here I found two .cpp file to you for reference which may helps you.

Please note: please check the version of your encoder motor driver. If there is a DIP switch on your encoder motor driver, then it is the new version, please refer to the first link. Otherwise, it is the older version, please refer to the second link.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.