How to create and rename variables?

Hi,

I try to follow the tutorial page to build a program.

In this page, it creates a variable named duration. He displays it on the numeric display. I try to make this. When I get the set item block and try to change the variable name. I did this.

Then I choose the “Rename variable…”. I guess there may be an activity come to ask me enter text, but it gets back:

Similar to nothing happened. I try this program without variable name changing. It works, I can see number on the numeric display. However, if I have two or three variables to use, only the “item” name is not enough.

I think the tutorial page is old, there may be a new way to create and rename the variable. I can not find the correct way to do it. Could you show me that?

Thanks

Cannot rename variable in Makeblock App

Hi Robert1,

Thanks for your feedback!
We have verified that this issue does happen on some android mobile devices. Our engineer is working on it, will inform you when there is update.

Hi,

When can you fix this problem? I use two phone: HUAWEI P10 Lite and Nexus 5X. They both do not work on the variable creation blocks.
Could you tell me which Android phone works? I can try borrow one and try some programming.

Thanks

Hi Robert1,

Our engineer is still working on this problem, please kindly wait.
We have tested an Xiaomi android phone (model:Mi-4c) which works. You may temporarily borrow an Xiaomi smart phone for using.
Also, this problem doesn’t happen on IOS mobile device, you can also use the IOS mobile device temporarily.

Hi,

I just see you update the Makeblock APP to 3.10.0 for Android. I try it, but this problem is still there. I can not rename a new variable with the “item” block. I find you add new block " change item by". I do not know how does it work, but I still cannot change variable name. If you solve this problem, could you tell me how to create multi variables with different name.

If you have not solve this, hope you can finish it ASAP.

Hi Robert1,

The rename the variable issue has been solved in Makeblock 3.1.0
Could you please try again. Do you still can’t change its name on both of your mobile devices (HUAWEI P10 Lite and Nexus 5X)?
Here I tested one of my Huawei smart phone, it works now.

As for the new block " change item by", if you set “change item by 1”, the item will add 1 when execute this program block.

Hi,

Thank you for you reply. Unfortunately, I cannot change the “item” to “a” with the item block. I try the makebock 3.1.0 app on three phones: HUAWEI P10 Lite, LG nexus 5X, and HUAWEI P8 Lite. All of them do not work. I also try uninstall the APP and then restart my phones, then install the APP again, but it does not work.

I chose the “item” block and then click the “item” and chose the “rename the variable…”, but nothing happened. Is my operation wrong? Could you show me more detail how to create variable and change the default name “item” to “a”? My block is always shows “item”, I cannot get the item “a” which is similar to your photo.

By the way, What HUAWEI phone do you use?

Hi Robert1,

Could you please take a video to show the version on your Makeblock APP as well as your operation of changing the variable name and the issue?
Then we can double confirm and follow your step have a try. You can send the video to us (daisy@makeblock.com) via pCloud transfer: https://transfer.pcloud.com/

Hi,

I send my video to your email through pCloud. The video name is VID_20180104_101439. It shows my operation and the APP’s version. I also show my Phone’s model and Android version in the last minute. I also link the airblock in the video, although I think it is not necessary. I will try to upload the video on this forum. It looks can not upload video, but can upload gif photo.

If you receive my video, please reply in here.

Thanks

Hi Robert1,

We have received the video but haven’t find the cause currently.
This issue has be forwarded to our R&D engineers for analyzing, will inform you when there is update.

Btw, Besides the HUAWEI P10 Lite and Nexus 5X, do you have extra mobile devices?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My third phone is

This is very old model. I try this phone. It does not work. I told you this in my last reply. I do not have other device. Hope you can solve this problem ASAP.

Thanks

Hi Robert1,

Thanks for your info.
We will urge our engineers to locate the cause and figure out the problem, will keep you updated when there is progress.