Help with Audio Recording on CyberPi for mBot2

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased an mBot2 for my son, assuming it would support audio recording and transmission. However, upon reviewing the documentation, I’ve realized there’s a lack of information on these capabilities.

My goal was to use the CyberPi for capturing audio, sending it to a Raspberry Pi for processing, and then using the response for TTS output on the mBot.

There seems to be no clear documentation on audio file storage or transmission using CyberPi’s Python APIs.

Can anyone provide insights or share experiences related to audio handling with the CyberPi? Any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated, as I hoped to use this feature as a key part of the mBot’s functionality.

Thanks,
Rolan

Sorry, mBot 2 doesn’t support that type of functionality. @Rolan

Hey,

Thanks for the info! Looks like I’ll be tweaking the plan a bit – going to rig up the Raspberry Pi with a mic and speaker and hook it onto the mBot2.

Cheers,
Rolan

Great! Let me know how it turns out!

Hey,

Just wanted to share something I found about the CyberPi’s network capabilities that might be relevant to our discussions here. It turns out the CyberPi can work in both STA and AP modes. This got me thinking about a workaround for the audio issue with the mBot2.

cyberpi-api/network-api

I’m planning to set up the Raspberry Pi as an access point and then connect the CyberPi in STA mode. The idea is to use this setup for capturing audio on the CyberPi and then sending it to the Raspberry Pi for processing.

I’ll be using the network APIs to establish a TCP/IP connection between the two. I’m not sure how it’ll turn out, but it seems like a promising solution to the audio handling limitations on the mBot2. I’ll test it out and let you know how it works.

Great! Thanks for that link, too! Mention me as @Best_codes and let me know how it all turns out or if you need help with anything else! @Rolan