Filter replacement

Hi there, I’m surprised, that after only 13.4 hrs of printing, Laserbox filter reports to be full and needs to be exchanged. If I need a new filter every 14 hrs, then this will get an expensive machine. How long should 1 filter box last? Regards

This problem as happened to me as well
thanks
ps a light user

I am also facing the same problem. Does anyone know where to get buy the filter?
I just bought the machine for less than 3 weeks.

I bought it from my reseller in Switzerland where I bought the machine. Where did you buy yours?

Took out laserbox filter out today and it was “SNOW WHITE” both ends of filter not happy at all £205 in.vat for 3 is no joke…
please update the firmware software ASAP thanks

Hello, if the problem happens again, please go to Settings-General and import the working log then send to support@makeblock.com . We will check the details and help you to solve the problem.

Thank you @tech_support , I will send you the log of my machine once I get back in my workshop. The issue occured when engraving a whole image 16 x 12 cm onto plywood on friday for a customer. There was a lot of smoke inside the machine that barely got sucked out by the vent. When I checked the filter, it looked ok, but the red light was on at the filterbox. I restarted the machine and the filter switched back to green. I did a new test on saturday with an easy cut, and the filter stayed on green during the whole cutting procedure.

I ordered the replacement filters on saturday and my reseller told me it will take up to 2 months for them to arrive in Switzerland by sea shipment. So I want you to ask @tech_support: how long should a filter last. how many hours of cutting and engraving?

I have the machine for 2 months now and didn’t use it very often. So if I have to replace the filter every 2 months, I will need enough replacement filters in my workshop, if otherwise I have to wait this long to get replacement.

Hi eigermaker, we don’t have an official data for the usage of filter, and we cannot provide such kind of data cause there are too many factors that could influence the result. In fact, for different users, the period time between one new filter to one used filter should be thrown is different, because everyone uses Laserbox on their own habits, not to mention there are too many different kind of cutting or engraving materials that could bring different influence on the filter.

Actually, considering your case, it is OK to use the Laserbox without the filter, but please be noted that it’s only for temporarily use, and also you need to make sure that the output pipe should be fixed to outdoor which there’s no one will be influenced.

During the usage, please make sure all the pipes are placed well, without bending with big angles. Sometimes the bending could also lead to filter changing warning because of the bad circulation of air.

Thank you for your indetail answer. So you don’t have any usage data yet. I’ll see how long the filter lasts, but I think at least 100 hrs should be possible, without special considerations about the material used. I can provide you with an image of the two sides of the filter tomorrow, so you can have a look at the state my filter is in.

Nice point there about the bending of the pipes. I’ll check that. Because the desk was too small for the laserbox and the filter to be placed on, I put the filter on the floor below the table on which I put the laserbox. I saw the marketing images on your website and didn’t know that I’ll need a bigger table, because you need more space between the laserbox and the filter, that was not shown on the images. I’ll check if I can change something there.

For the usage without filter, let me tell you that I don’t like this idea at all. But I can’t wait for 2 months for the filter to arrive from China to Switzerland. So please provide my reseller EducaTec with a more reasonable option to get new filters.

Regards,
Gregor

Laserbox HEPA Composite Filter in UK

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.