Extending Me BaseBoard with more RJ25

Hi

Is it possible to extend a Me BaseBoard to get the possibility to connect more sensor? Like a second shield or two Me BaseBoard together.

Thank you

Yeah, we are considering this thing seriously. There has been some people ask for this.

If you’re up for making your own RJ-25 cables, you have a lot more flexibility. For instance, I connected a 5th motor by using one of the analog outputs (PWM) and the motor power pins.

Mitch212- Can you give more details on adding a fifth motor? How did you make the cables and what is the code you used? Thanks

Here is an image of the cable connections using a servo driver:

Here is an image of the servo driver’s RJ-25 connector. It’s hard to see with this light, but this RJ-25 connector is using the standard color configuration where pin 1 is blue (A5), pin 3 is green (GND), and pin 4 is red (V-M).

Here is an image of the 2 pin header: pin 1 is green (GND) and pin 2 is red (V-M).

Here is an image of the Baseboard’s RJ-25 connector: pin 1 is blue (A5).

The key is to make sure you are using an analog pin that supports PWM. The arduino leonardo (i.e. Baseboard) supports PWM on pin 3 and 5, which means you can use port 7 (A3) and port 8 (A5). As far as software, you simply use a MeServo as normal with the appropriate Baseboard port number and device number 1.

Driving a DC motor is a little different because you a 4th connection to control the motor direction. I haven’t needed to do that yet, but you just need to look at the schematics of the boards to see what connections are required.