Engrave trough wood

I have just try a cut and engrave on the original wood 3mm, but the engrave go through the wood

there are some spots like

Hi there:

Please make sure the image to engrave can be clearly identify by laserbox and choose engarve first and try it again.

on your picture I see the back of your product right ? I think the parameters for engrave are too “heavy”, maybe test another with engrave : POWER “-20” vs the existant et speed like the existant

thank you, with less power, minus 10%, there aren’t the hole in the back. I need more passage in order to have a good engrave

Makeblock’s default engraving parameters are a bit too powerful, less power and higher engraving speed should help.

Thank you for the hints. Is there a template in laserbox format, lqx file, to check the engrave on material? image

Hi:

Generally,when you select the material like basswood 3mm the machine will choose a defaut setting combination of power/speed for you and you just need to click the button and engrave it,but if you use different material you need to adjust the power and speed by yourself.

I would test the engrave both with material know by laserbox and new material. I see that the standard engrave power is not good for my purpouse and I would use a template with different speed and power in order to understand the response of the cutter. I found a lot of template for other laser cutter, but not for our laserbox

please release the driver from the laserbox software

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.