Encoder motors issues

Hi, I am having all kinds of headaches whenever using the Encoder motors on my Rangers. Basically everything works fine, all the various add-on Makeblock sensors (e.g Ultrasonic or Line Array) work fine UNTIL I use any commands for the Encoder motors. I have tried numerous fixes but it is proving very time consuming for me to do so and frankly it defeats the purpose of using these plug and play robots and sensors for teaching purposes. If I wanted the hassle of modifying harware and software to get what I want working I would simply use the much cheaper basic Arduino alternatives.
My last resort is to completely abandon the use of the encoder motors and use simple dc motors instead, like the mBots have.
My question is: can the Rangers encoder motors be used as simple dc motors? And how? In Scratch mode please, since as mentioned above, I am using these as teaching aids at school.
Thanks,
Giannos

Sorry if any trouble caused. Could you please tell us what is the exact problem phenomenon when using encoder motor commands? What blocks you used and issue happened? Or show us your coding with issue.
By the way, when did you purchase the device?

Hi, can I upload videos to show you the phenomena? I have 2x Ranger that are less than a month old, 2x mBots that are around 1 year old, 1x Codey Rocky from the Kickstarter campaign and 1 Neuron Inventor around 2 weeks old.

My issues are all with the Rangers. I can get everything to work with Arduino C but not everything works when using Scratch mode. My students do not know C so I need a solution with Mblock/Scratch.

Thank you for all your support on Makeblock products.

You can upload video to youtube? Or send me via https://transfer.pcloud.com/, and this is my email address: stephanie.wu@makeblock.com

Hi Stephanie. Sending you files now via transfer.pcloud.
On the beginning of the videos you can see the very basic blocks used.
First video without encoder motor blocks shows perfect working sensors.
Second video with 2 encoder motor blocks shows same sensors acting strange.

Thanks in advance.

I have also started a conversation with your colleague named Eleven at support yesterday about this, sorry for the double request.

I haven’t received it yet. Have you got an email from transfer.pdcloud which contains a link for me?
My colleagure Eleven, are you using a different email with her? Here I saw your email is giannos@live.co.uk
Thank you!

Here is your download link:

Yes, my communication with Eleven is with different email: yiannosel@yahoo.com

Sorry for the mixup.

Ok, we’ll check and Eleven will continue to follow up the case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.