DrawBot with Laser - Setup advice

Hi all, I have had the mDrawBot for a few years and love it. The most ambitious project was using the spider config to draw on my sons nursery wall https://www.dropbox.com/s/azxnmgs50cjqlsi/nursery-makeblock.jpg?dl=0 . This took lots of trial and error, but the end result was worth it.

I have recently got the laser upgrade and cannot figure out how you are supposed to know how to wire it up. It did not come with any documentation whatsoever. I am wary of just trying various things as it is expensive and I do not want to break it. Is there any kind of guide or manual? Also in terms of how best to connect it to the mScara in place of the pen - given that if the distance to the laser is not what it is expecting all the drawings will be skewed… Any advice is very welcome as I’m eager to get playing with it.

Thanks, Oli

Sorry for the issue caused. As the device was discontinued and some original resources could not be found. Is your Laser 1600mW? May below picture helps?

When using the 1.6W laser with XY plotter/mDrawBot, need insert the two wires (red and black ) coming from the Laser into the yellow interface (please note the positive pole and negative pole). Then you can plug the yellow interface to the M2 on the Orion board.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.