Connection Issues in Mblock 5 (Arduino)

Hello,
I am relatively new to Arduino Programming,
I have been trying to use mblocks 5 but for some reason when i click connect(While Arduino is Selected), it show a greyed out box saying :- no device can be detected to connect

• I have Tried uploading Codes in Mblock 3 and Arduino 1.8.6. And it works Perfectly

That is weird. Have you tried another board with mBlock 5? Please also take a photo of your board here.
And try to use web version to have a try.

Hi, I tried with web version, but only connects with mbot, arduino one is not detected any device, same problem with mblock 5.0.0.rc, I have Arduino one compatible and original and win10, with mBlock_win_V3.4.11 connects!

image![Arduino%20uno|690x457]

I use an Arduino UNO(its a replica though)
II was Able to program it properly when selecting UNO board in the Arduino Software
Also Tried using the web version but had same results
Don’t have another board so couldn’t check

Where you purchased the arduino uno board? What we tested looks like green.
And now we are trying to do more test and hope to support more boards in next version.

I got it from here,
Its not produced by Arduino
instead it is Produced by another Company in other words its a replica

I think currently mBlock 5 support official Arduino Uno boards.
We are trying to improve it so as to support more boards from other companies. But it will take some time. Please wait.

Update Tried Using an Official Arduino Board but no difference

Same problem by me…Official Uno doesn’t work in mblock 5. In mblock 3 no problem…
Mbot no problem and microbit also no problems…

Same here with Linux. The mCore board connects, but official Uno, unofficial Mega and micro:bit aren’t found.
They works with mBlock 4 or the official Arduino IDE.

I don’t know how it could help: I noticed that the Uno is detected if I select the Neuron board. Obviously the Neuron blocks don’t work.

Same here. MBlock 5 does not connect to Arduino Uno or MicroBit, only to MBot robots.

You should not advertise features that don’t actually work!

Hi all,
We are trying to fix this issue with Arduino Uno. Please wait.
@jdietz Could you explain how does the MicroBit fail to connect? Have the screen shot?

Hi, I’ve a similar problem, with the difference that I can’t even connect to the mBot let alone to an Arduino board… (see this thread)

Are there ways to configure mBlock5? I’m wondering why (in my case at least) v5 does not see any ports at all while 3.4 does show a ports list to choose from :thinking:

Hello,
my Arduino Uno R3 works properly with the Arduino IDE 1.8.8. My pc-system is Win7.
I’ve tested some tutorials successfully.

Now I want to try mBlock. After installing, the mBlock (version V5.0.0-RC) can’t connect with the Arduino Board. I tried mLink. But I’ve got the same negativ result.

Please help me. Thanks :slight_smile:

Any update on this issue? I have the same problem.
I am writing a school guide and I would need to decide today if mBlock is suitable to work with kids
Is there any previous version at which Arduino works_?
Thanks in advance

The issue between Arduino Uno and mBlock 5, we are still checking. Thanks for your patience.
Now you may use mBlock 3 which works well with this board.

same problem is here,i cant connect Arduino uno to mblock v5

Official Arduino board? Same board works with Arduino IED/mBlock 3?

its work on mblock 3, but not all options is found as mblock 5 -__-