Connect mBot2 / cyberpi to TI-Nspire CX?

Hi!

I purchased for my kids Texas Instruments Nspire CX II calculator which has something like micropython inside and able to control some robots via USB connection. TI offers their own robotic system which is called TI-Innovator. It consists of Hub and Rover. It is actually looks like mbot 1. However TI also provides some libs to connect to micro:bit, so Texas Instruments Nspire CX II can be used to control robotic systems based on micro:bit as well. Also there are some info on the internet how to connect TI calculator with Arduino using serial port data transfer.

Any idea how to connect mbot2 and cyberpi to TI calculator?

@Showman I have no clue :man_shrugging: — if you could tell me a bit more about the calculator I might be able to get some ideas.

How do you connect to the TI-Nspire CX?
What does a code for it look like?
What sensors (inputs and outputs) does it have?

What exactly do you have in mind?

Thank you for your attention.
I would like to use TI to run python code on CyberPi/mBot2 in a live mode.

TI connects to CyberPi/mBot2 using miniUSB-typeC otg cable.
The code is written on TI and should be sent to run on CyberPi/mBot2.

Something like you type on TI:

from cyberpi import *
console.print(“hello”)

and then run this code so CyberPi would print “Hello” on its display.

Actually this is an exact way how TI works with micro:bit - you just connect it using cable, then type:

from microbit import *
display.show(Image.HEART)

and run the code.

I see, so you are using the calculator as a keyboard to type Python, then run it on CyberPi? Am I correct in assuming that?
@Showman

Yes, kind of a live mode. Any ideas?

@Showman Sorry, not much. :confused:
I will look into it more later this week. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.