Codey Rocky's factory installed program example

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to get/keep Codey Rocky’s factory installed program? I like the program that Codey Rocky comes with by default. I want to start downloading my own programs to Codey Rocky, but I’d like to then load back the default program afterward. In addition, I’d like to update and add on top of the existing default program. How can I get a copy of Codey Rocky’s factory installed program?

Note that I’m NOT looking to completely reset to the factory default settings.

Hi graceunderfire,
Please just use mBlock 5 software, connect to CodeyRocky through USB cable, then go to settings-update firmware-latest firmware.

What tech support said is definitely true… But I bet it wouldn’t be hard to imitate that starting program and write a version of it.

Hi Kaientist,
Thanks for your advice, we’ll let the product team know. :grinning:

Hi All,

I think you understand the request now. To summarize:

I am not asking to download and reset with the latest firmware. I am asking for the program to open and edit.
I understand I could try to duplicate it. But it would be much more helpful to have it as a starting point to edit and modify. It would be much more helpful to be able to just download the program instead of reinstalling firmware as needed.

It looks like this is not available. I’ll just proceed to reverse engineer and try to come up with the program myself.

Good luck! I agree with you, it would be a nice jumping off point for people to get into experimenting with Codey themselves. Looks like the idea is at least being put forward to the team!

So - I know this won’t be entirely correct, but I did some work to analyze the way the startup blinking worked, and I built the below. It’s VERY similar, but might not be the most elegant implementation of it. I did also program the buttons but I gave them different behaviors. Please let me know what you think!

To the Codey Rocky dev team, I still think it would be great to see and have the ability to reload the block version of the startup behavior without having to reset to the latest firmware.

I’ll try it out on my Codey later, but this is looking good! It’s nice to see someone else’s take on how to handle this kind of program. I’ve been working on similar programs, but I haven’t gotten the bugs sorted out well enough to post yet, so seeing your version helps!

I still agree though, it would be nice to have the official example program to look at and load up as we see fit instead of having to reset Codey.

We’ll let the dev team know that. Thanks for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.