Codey not storing program and no sensor

I am completely new to this, my father sent my son this robot for Christmas, and I spent pretty much all day yesterday trying to find resources about this thing, I see it is new so they are few and far between or in a completely different language I don’t understand. The robot is not storing the code block when connected via Bluetooth to my iPhone. We put a code on it from the computer and it worked for a while but then made the rocky start driving and not stop even though the code just said to say hello when starting up. Well, now it doesn’t say hello, and doesn’t respond to any upload from the phone application. It says it uploads but then Codey doesn’t do the action, or even have its eyes on.
Can someone point me in the direction of education resources for this robot, please? My son is becoming increasingly frustrated because only half the features work whether plugged in or via Bluetooth, and the sensor completely does not respond at all.

Hello daywalkerdani,
If we use mobile devices, there are two Apps which works with Codey Rocky: mBlock and Makeblock.
Makeblock App can control Codey Rocky and code and then upload to Codey Rocky, it cannot save codes.

mBlock App can code and run online program, also save the codes once you login the cloud account. Also there is learning part which helps beginners learn how to play with Codey Rocky. Your son can have a try.

For computers, we need download mBlock 5-RC version, which can do firmware update for Codey Rocky through USB cable connection. When it is not working properly when use phone App, please try to update firmware then try again.

Here are some guidance for Codey Rocky, please have a reference.

What features are not working, please kindly take a video of that and list the non-working sensors for me, let’s check one by one. If necessary, we can try remote control.

By the way, make sure your Codey Rocky is fully charged. And where did you purchase the Codey Rocky?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.