Codey connected (dongle / usb not working) but upload fails

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing the following issues preventing me from using CR.

1. USB Cable
    I installed the driver after I found a hint in the forum -> why isn’t that mentioned in the manual?
    https://github.com/Makeblock-official/Makeblock-USB-Driver

Then installed mblock 5 on a MS Windows 10 notebook, default folder.

I am NOT able to create a connection to Codey via USB.

1. Dongle
    Since I also ordered the dongle, I am able to establish a connection to Codey, also the upload of a new program seems to happen completely.
    After upload I restart Codey. Codey beeps one time after restart (accompanied by a blue stripe on the bottom of the screen, then the display remains dark. programs on buttons are ignored / not executed.

2. Firmware update is not working - neither USB or Dongle

3. Reset to factory settings
    This function described in the FAQ"s is not available in the menue of mBlock5 RC! Is there any possibility to reset on Codey directly?

4. Last but not least -> IOS programming worked.
    I tried out connecting and programming via IOS app, that worked without any problems. Still I need to get the Windows Setup working for my Nice - she will only use a computer to program.

Please provide clearer instructions on how to resolve the connection problems.
I don’t understand why the USB connection is not working at all! It should be the simple default way.

Best
Markus

Hi e-mexx,

1. Usually the driver will be installed automatically when we install mBlock software;
    When mBlock 5 fails to detect Codey Rocky, please check if there is Port(COM&LPT) option under your computer-device manager.
    If no, that means: Codey Rocky is not detected by USB port; So try another USB cable; another USB computer; By the way, make sure Codey Rocky is powered on.
    Also is Codey Rocky connected directly to computer USB port? Or you have USB converter or USB hub?
  2. Through USB dongle, is the mBlock 5 RC version? Is the online program working? Would you show me your exact program? I’ll have a test.
  3. We can only update firmware via USB cable connection. USB dongle connection can upload customized program and run online program (disable upload mode). There should a notice or hint telling users that update firmware only for USB cable connection. Thanks for the feedback, I’ll record and feedback to the software team.
  4. There is no more reset default program, we can only “update firmware” for Codey Rocky, which is default program. As to the FAQ, would you please show me the screen shot and website link? We may fail to update the information. I’ll check that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.