Can't cut a new drawing in mLaser for OS X

I loaded a new drawing but it will always cut the M test pattern.

Hi Holylolo,
Please describe that how did you encounter the problem?
The new drawing comes from the example? Or you drew by yourself?
Could you please show some picture about the issue?
Thislink show us the whole process, please have a reference.

Thanks for the prompt answer.
It was on the initial setup of mLaser on MacBook running High Sierra. Since there was no working USB driver I installed CH34X which worked fine.
Run the tests which cut the M on the provided cardboards. It worked almost perfect.
Later entered mLaser V2.3-en and tried to engrave some wording using the text function. It just dosen’t work.
Then tried to import DXF files. Importing dxf crashes mLaser.
Later installed Inkskape for drawing and exporting SVG files. Importing into mLaser was successful and the SVG file appeared correctly on the mLaser main screen. When laser cutting the SVG file, it cut the M of the initial test. Tried many times, reboot, reboot LaserBot, downloaded examples from Lasebot…nothing worked. Always the final render was the M with the (correct) metric scale around.

Frustrated, set up an old PC and everything worked fine: Text worked, SVG too, even importing DXF was fine.
It’s a pity the Mac version of mLaser is so buggy…almost un-usable because I’s sure many customers of yours are Apple users.

Hi Holyholo,
mLaser software, we tested before we released it for windows and MAC OS. And that is the only one official software of Laserbot we suggested. We don’t think the something wrong with the software (MAC OS version) itself. DXF is complicated. The existing mLaser software makes abnormal opening of DXF format generated directly. It is suggested to use *.svg or transform into the common format *.svg. And the issue of wording, would you please show that in pictures or short video? We’ll try to check.

Hello,
Tired of importing SVG files into mLaser and obtaining lousy results, decided to go on the good old g code.
Found the g code manual is extremely basic. At least a few examples on code syntax from you are fundamental. Tips on do’s and don’ts would be very appreciated because g code syntax in laserbot is VERY picky.
Also I am having (same as many users) precision issues. X100 cuts ˜101.8 mm. I believe the target hobbyist using this kind of machine would appreciate a field for micro-corrections.
There’s much more but let’s stop here.
Thanks

There are detailed instruction for mLaser and no much support on gcode.
And the precision issue, i am afraid it is not precise enough for industrial use. And also it relates to the picture quality. Thank you very much for your feedback and we’ll forward to corresponding department.

I have not encountered mdraw and benbox. Could you please send me the links? Thanks.
About precision issues: CAD drawings are 100% precise. That is the quality of my “pictures”. Makeblock claims Laserbot has a precision of 0.1 mm. It’s written everywhere. And if the assembly of the hardware is correct, it would be achievable.
Here the error is 16 to18 times worse than advertised, just because of software issues. Many of us suffer this, not only me.
There is an advanced user who could tweak the firmware and obtained good results. That means you guys could too if wanted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.