Can't connect mBot Ranger to android

Hello there!
Yesterday i received my makeblock ranger. Putting together and connecting to windows via usb cable was no problem, but i wasn’t able to connect it to my android phone (LG V30, Android 8.0.0) via bluetooth. (same problem with the Samsung A3 2017). The bluetooth light on the auriga board is blinking. “Makeblock” shows up at the bluetooth list on my phone, but not in the App. GPS is off.

So far i have tried:

(1) new batteries
(2) updated the Ranger firmware to the latest version via laptop serial USB connection
(3) attempted to connect while the unit was powered via USB from the laptop
(4) removed and reseated the bluetooth module from the Auriga board
(5) deleted “Makeblock” from the bluetooth list of the phone and tried connecting with the makeblock app

I’d appreciate any help!

Thanks and greetings from Bavaria.

Hi foxrider,
For this case, please try to enable GPS on the phone.
Then take a photo of the Bluetooth module (chip) for us;
In Makeblock App, can you detect Makeblock signal instead of phone settings?
What is the version number of your Makeblock App?
When try to connect, please keep other Bluetooth devices off.

Thanks for the quick response!
GPS is already enabled.
In the bluetooth list of my phone i can find “Makeblock_LE”, but it isn’t possible to connect to.
The App “Makeblock” cannot find any bluetooth device, also when the blue LED is blinking.
Firmware version of the App: v3.1.8

Greets!

That shouldn’t be. When first time install the App, there should give option to enable all kinds of permission to this App, do you still remember the selection? Or please go to settings–Apps and Notifications–Permissions, enabled location permission, or select it as “trust”. If there is issue, try to reinstall the App.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.