Cannot connect to mBot Via Bluetooth

Hello ,

I won’t be able to connect mBot via Bluetooth, I thought it is a battery issue after reading some old posts here, but after I replace brand new batteries, it still won’t start, do I need replace the bluetooth connector?

Thanks,
J.W.

Check the guide pdf on this site: http://learn.makeblock.com/getting-started-programming-with-mblock/

Also make sure no other device is connected to your bot by bluetooth.

And restart both bot and Makeblock after USB connection.

Thanks, I have no other device which is connected to bot by bluetooth.

I just have the mBot, what do you mean MakeBlock here?

Thanks,
Jianwei

Hi yuren1978,

Do you have trouble connection mBot Bluetooth to Makeblock APP on mobile device?
Is there a Blue LED keep slow flashing on the Bluetooth module?
On your mobiel device, can you see the makeblock bluetooth signal from mBot? Please make sure the Bluetooth function on your mobile device is opned?

You can open the makeblock App and move the phone close to the Bluetooth module on the mBot and see if the Makeblock connect to the Bluetooth automatically?
If it the Makeblock App can’t connect to it automatically, please click on the option on the right bottom corner to check the detected Bluetooth list by the App, then please kindly take a picture for the Detected Bluetooth list of the Makeblock APP.

Besides, please also take a picture for the Bluetooth module on mBot.

Thanks for the reply.

No, I didn’t see the Blue LED flashing on the Bluetooth module? Do you want me send a picture of that?

Thanks again.

Hi yuren1978,

Yes, please let me know all the info I needed in my previous post.

Hello, here are the pics.

Any help. Thanks a lot!

There is no light flashing on the module whatsoever?

do you mean Bluetooth module, no, there is NO flashing on the bluetooth module.

They probabbly shipped a burned module.Usually it should flash blue when disconnected.I would reccomend messaging tec-support@makeblock.com as mBot is supposed to have a 90 day warranty.

It is a gift , I am not sure how long it has been out of store.:worried:

Hi yuren1978,

Sorry for late reply.
If there is totally no light even the module was plugged well, it should be faulty.
You may check if you can get the receipt from your friend to check the purchase date.
If it is out of warranty, you may buy a new one.

Make sure the board is plugged in correctly.