Bluetooth on mBot Ranger cannot be used unless connected to computer

My friend’s and I are using it as a school project but noticed that we can’t connect to it via Bluetooth with just the rechargeable batteries. Is there something I’m missing here? All the batteries combined meet the technical requirements(barely) so I guess it should work? If not, I don’t think we would be able to get normal batteries of higher output voltages in my country.

Can't connect through bluetooth from mac

Weird. So when connect to PC, you also connect Phone via Bluetooth or you downloaded mBlock on PC?
Makeblock App is the App you used?
Have you tried to charge the battery?
If it cannot connect Bluetooth automatically on Phone, what if search manually?
What is the OS version of your Phone or tablet you used?
Please post more details here and we’ll follow up. Thanks!

Hi! Yes, it ONLY works when it’s connected to the PC, and yes, I have had the batteries fully charged but not discoverable(even manually) on the Makeblock and mBlock apps.

I’m using Huawei P20 Pro on Android 8.1, my friends are using iPhone on the latest versions.

And I initially bought two Rangers, switched the motherboards over but still the same issue.

If power is on when using battery, please try to connect the ranger to PC with USB cable, and reset default program. This is the download link for how to reset default program.
After that, if the issue is still the same, we suggest remote control so we can check issue together. We can use skype video call and teamviewer if you don’t mind. Our working time starts from 9:00 am to 18:30 pm, UTC+8, Monday to Friday. My email is stephanie.wu@makeblock.com, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
By the way, both rangers have the same performance?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.