Bluetooth connectivity problems

I have recently purchased the Airblock Makeblock drone for my son. He downloaded the app, but the bluetooth on his Huawei P8 lite phone will not connect to the drone.
I downloaded the app on a Samsung J5 phone and the drone connects and works well.
My son is disappointed that he is not able to use his mobile phone to connect.
Is there a solution?

Hi Motala,
For this case, may I know is there any error message when try to connect Airblock Bluetooth to the Makeblock APP on Huawei P8?
Anyway, check Airblock Bluetooth is disconnected from Samsung phone, then try to connect the Airblock with huawei phone again. If the Bluetooth can’t be connected automatically, please click the search button in the upper right corner, check if you can find the Airblock Bluetooth in the detected list? If there is, please connect to it from the list have a try. By the way, try to open the GPS on the Huawei phone and try again.

I am using the latest version of makeblock app on Android 6 or above devices. But they cannot connect to the airblock even I try to connect Bluetooth manually. I check the bluetooth status. It says recognized already but no connection could be made.
When I use Samsung Note 2,it should be Android 4, connection is successful.
Is makeblock just suitable for some Android version like Android 4?

Hi Simon,
Makeblock App usually requires for Android 4.3+. For few devices which may use different Bluetooth protocol version with our robots, if so, even it is Android 5 or 6, it may not be working with our robots.
Would you please tell us the exact model number, brand, OS version of your Android 6 and above devices, then we will have a check. By the way, is your makeblock App 3.1.6?

I am using Makeblock version 3.1.7. My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910U with Android 6.0.1.
It can connect with Airblock for about 1 second and then disconnects. I tried to erase the bluetooth data with Airblock and searched it again. It could recognize the Airblock again but still no response.
But the way, what do you mean to reset default program with PC mBlock? I just use mobile phone to control the Airblock.

Sorry, I thought it as other products not Airblock. You are right, we can only use App to control Airblock.
Please try to enable GPS on the note 4. And try to enable “allow to read location information” for the Makeblock App.
Also may I have the module number of the note 2 which is working with your airblock? On the note 2, also makeblock 3.1.7?

My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 with Android 4.4.2., also installed with Makeblock 3.1.7.
What is the purpose of enabling GPS on the note 4 and allowing to read location information for the Makeblock App?
Does it require to use data or wifi together?

Theoretically, there is no need to open GPS. But I was told that some Android devices have some special limit, enabling GPS will help to detect and connect Bluetooth. And few users feedback that they can connect Bluetooth after they enable GPS. Please don’t worry, it won’t consume any data.
By the way, does this issue only happen to Makeblock 3.1.7? Previously did it work? Or it is your first time to use it.

Yes, first time to use this app.

The Bluetooth problems might arise due to many reasons.Thus the Bluetooth settings need to be checked carefully. It should be checked whether it is visible to the nearby devices. The option of the pairing with the devices should also be enabled. If the problem doesn’t solves even after checking all the settings, then you should consult with Google Play Store Customer Service to get them solved.

It may be due to the problem with the antenna in your phone that is damaged due to some physical damaged. You need to get it changed by the Geek Squad team and after that, you will be able to use your Bluetooth.

I have also verified with various windows apps that I have downloaded to check that this GPS is outputting nmea text from the com ports which windows creates.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.