Best sensor for autonomous robot

Hi
I’m buying individual blocks for my STEM class. I want to make a robot that avoids obstacles so it can navigate a maze. I need a power, bluetooth, motor driver and 2 dc motors.
For the sensor at the front is it better to use a dual IR detector
http://store.makeblock.com/Dual%20IR%20Detector%20Block

or an ultrasonic block?
http://store.makeblock.com/Ultrasonic%20Sensor%20Block

Hello,

I have an All-In-One kit from Neuron and I used both blocks that you indicate.

It depends on which software you are going to program and how your labyrinth will be made (with walls or with a black line?)

Do you use the Neuron app for tablet for mBlock for PC or MAC?

Personally, I have not yet succeeded with the Neuron IOS application and the Dual IR Detector block.
Line Follower

err

For the Neuron application on IPAD, I would go with the block Ultrasonic.
With the Line Follower block, the engine runs too fast to detect changes at the right time (even at 10).

Thanks Crackel
Sounds like you need to add a reducing gear rather than direct drive the wheels.

I will try the ultrasonic sensor - I want to navigate a labarynth rather than line follower. It seems like I need to mount the sensor on a servo motor so it looks around.

I just noticed you can control the output speed on the DC motors - did you try this?

Hi,

I tried the value 10 but it’s still too fast. If, I try a value down 10 then the wheel does not turn. So I would have to add a gear system to feel the rotation of the wheels.

The Ultrasonic block will be much better. For the servo motor, you can also turn the car. Here is a model with front and rear propulsion that turns on itself very accurate.

JEEP

thanks for that - I might try the Jeep. Did you use the wi-fi block so you can use with remote control?

While browsing my site, I have 3 ways to remote control vehicles.

1. With the software buttons in the Neuron app;
  2. With the Joystick block and the Wireless-T and Wireless-R blocks;
  3. With the Funny Touch block (Possible).

To connect to the tablet, I use either the block WIFI or Bluetooth.