Attaching sensors/ modules to mbot chassis

Hi all,

I have an mbot. I bought a few additional electronic sensors/ modules to build different projects (e.g. RJ25 adaptor). As I was planning to attach the new sensors/ modules to the mbot chassis I started to wonder if incorrectly attached it might cause a short circuit.

Are there any instructions or guides for connecting electronic sensors and modules

Thanks
Carlos

Just make sure that only the white area of the modules is put on metal.

I recommend to buy some M4x25 nuts such as in the servo pack:

You can get them for cheap at other vendors :slight_smile:

Just mount them on top of the mainboard like this, and then you can easily attach modules:

Alternatively, if you have the cuttable linkage (the long blue thing), you can mount modules like this:

Thanks Andreas. That makes sense. That is what I thought when I looked at the modules. Is that documented anywhere?
What about the use of 2mm plastic spacers where a non-white section of the module is placed on metal part? Anybody use those.

PS - I just checked. Not all modules have “white” painted area. e.g. ME 130 DC motor.

Hi,
You can check the details about Electronic modules from here.
http://docs.makeblock.com/diy-platform/en/electronic-modules.html
Thanks.

Hi Tech_support. I just double checked. I cannot find information for fixing modules to mbot chassis.

As an example - the information for ME 130 DC motor does not specify how to fix/ connect the module to avoid any electrical problems - e.g. short-circuit.

This may be obvious to some, however not so obvious for younger builders (and me!)

Thanks

Make sure nothing metal contacts outside the metal area around the holes. Use plastic washers for insulation if in doubt.

Electrical short circuit is always a risk where components and solder pads are exposed. Not so much with the tracks on the PCB as it’s laquered, but still a risk. This is not a kit for younger builders to do without supervision and guidance I’m afraid.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.