Airblock Play Mode does not work most of time

Hi there,

i received my Airblock a few days ago. I installed Makeblock 2.9.5.1 on my Android Nexus 6P phone, connected via blutooth to the Airblock and started the “Air Mode”. Since this worked ok, i tried to create an own project. I tried a little around with a project in “Air Mode” and found an issue:

The problem is, that when i am in play-mode the controls nearly never work. Sometimes they do as expected, but most of the time it simply does nothing. When i enter “debug-mode” everything works. i call it “debug-mode” when i activate “Design”, select a control, click on “code” and open the drawer at the right edge of the screen where the control can be used. I created a button, that switches the drone on, changes the leds to green, hovers the drone, waits one second, lands the drone, sets the leds to red and switches the drone off. A really simple program. But it rarely does this in play-mode. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn’t.

The same problem occurs in a harder way when creating a project in “Custom” mode (maybe its different in english, in german it says “Anpassen”, the fourth of the project types). With this project type nothing works. Not in play-mode and not in game-mode. The Airblock does nothing when pressing the buttons.

The specifications i can give you:
firmware: current (dont see the number anywhere, was updated yesterday)
makeblock-version: v2.9.5.1
phone: Nexus 6p with Android 7.1.2
tablet: Nexus 9 with Android 7.1.1

kind regards
Andi

Hi zreptil,

Have you saved the project while you exit the play mode? Please make sure you select the Save when exit play mode:

Here I tested on my Android phone with the latest version Makeblock APP, it works in both debug-mode and play mode. Below is a simple program you may test again:

Once you still have the same problem while test above simple program, could you please kindly take a video to show your operation and the phenomenon to us? Thanks!
Besides, do you have other mobile device to have a test too?

Hi Techsupport,

i did my best to show you the problem i encountered creating the following video.

Video showing the issue

The version number of Makeblock is v2.9.5.1. As you can see, i create the button you suggested, create the programsteps and let it run in different ways at different starting points. The commands “power on” (“einschalten” in the video) and “power off” (“ausschalten” in the video) seems not to be executed, since the rotors don’t move. I removed two of the rotors so that the drone can be seen better in the video, but it also does not work, when the rotors are attached.

I only have a Nexus 6P and a Nexus 9 to play around with the android app of Makeblock.

Hi zreptil,

Thanks for your detailed info.
I have provided feedback to our engineers, will let you know when there is updates.

Hi,
I have the same issue. I have a custom project with an on/off and a slider. I programmed the slider to set altitude to value of the slider.
First the on/off button works half the time. Often it just doesn’t do anything. Here is a typical issue:

1. use custom mode: drone does not turn on
  2. go to use the default air mode: drone works
  3. Go back to custom: drone turns on
  4. Use slider: does not do anything
  5. Use of the joysticks to make the drone go up: drone goes up and I loose control. I can’t use anything else, and the on/off button does not work
  6. Exit custom mode, and go to air mode to turn off the drone and make it stop.

Please advise on what to do.
thank you

Hi Courvoisier,

Does your program always work in code design page but not work in play mode too?
What is the model of your mobile device and what is the system version on it?

Are there any News regarding this problem?

Hi zreptil,

A new version Makeblock APP will be published soon.
Please kindly keep an eye on it and try the new APP then.