Airblock only works on Apple - Android programming does not work

The Makeblock android app programming functions do not work with Airblock drone. The Airblock drone should be sold as an Apple-only product until you fix all the problems in the Android app.

The only android screen that works with Airblock is the default dashboard with the non-programmable controls. I coded a new “air-mode” dashboard, and the Airblock only reacts 20% of the time to my commands.

The Airblock never responds when I create “customized” dashboards in Android. Obviously Makeblock never tested this feature in the Android app.

Also, the Airblock intermittently loses all Bluetooth connectivity with an Android device and then flies randomly. I nearly lost my Airblock because it disconnected (only 15 feet from device).

I tested Airblock on a Samsung S6 phone and a new Samsung tablet. Same problems on both. Did Makeblock even test the android app???

I then tested Airblock on new Apple iPad and found much better experience. All the programming functions work correctly, and the Airblock maintains the Bluetooth connection.

I tested with the newest firmware update and the newest Android and Apple apps.

Do not buy this product for use with Android devices - you will be very disappointed.

Hi railsaverdan,

Thanks for the detailed feedback.
A new version Makeblock APP will be published soon, our engineers have tested all the functions you mentioned on both android version and iOS version APP. Please keep an eye on it and test it on your android devices then.

Hi,

Today I tried to install the Makeblock app from the Playstore on two different Android devices.
The installation went OK, but when I want to start the app it crashes immediately.
One device is an Asus tablet another is Onda tablet.

When do you expect to release the new version?

Hi James,

Thanks for the feedback!
The new version APP will be published in one or two weeks.
Please kindly try the new APP then and let us know the result.