Upload to Arduino clicked and robot disconnects

I create a code in scratch mbot program. Mbot is connected. When I click on upload to arduino, the mbot disconnects and says upload failed. I have version 3.4.11

Did you connect with USB cable?

Yes it’s connected with a USB cord. I update the firmware when I first connect then make the program. I can get it to work with other codes with cord connected. So it’s connecting and receiving code. But when I want to upload the code to it so it can run with out the cord, it’s connected but when I click upload to arduino it disconnects and says upload failed

Hm maybe @tech_support has a better idea. I would try to uninstall and reinstall Makeblock.

Can you post a screenshot of the code you’re trying to run?

Also, are you trying to run the mBot over WiFi from mBlock or purely standalone?

If you are trying to upload a program for standalone operation, the hat block must be mBot Program, not the when [Green Flag] clicked hat block. If the when [Green Flag] clicked hat block is used, nothing will be uploaded to the mBot. Also, be aware that you can only upload programs via the USB cable. The AVR programmer is not available via the WiFi or Bluetooth modules.

Disconnecting mbot