Robot control by wireless controller (wifi, bluetooth)

Hello have you planned to make a new product in your store in the electronic part of the Wireless Controller (Bluetooth) to pilot the robots?

We have already made a Bluetooth module in our store now. You can see more details here:
http://www.makeblock.cc/me-bluetooth-module-v2-0/

I’m currently playing with a 2.4 Ghz module to remote control my makeblock robot.

This is the module, is pretty fast, cheap and with long range, I will post my discovery when finish

The 2.4 Ghz module is in our planning part list, and we will release it soon after it finish the design. And some of our VIP customer will receive our testing part after that.

Hello there,
I make this old post revive, sorry about that,
We are currently playing with the robot starter kit and thinking about control it from our web interface,
I was wondering if there is already kinda related project from Makeblock?

Looks like the CC3000 chip can manage the Wifi communication (instead of IRed or Bluetooth) for the Meduino,

Do you already have this product/functionality available and compatible with the robot kit?

I look forward to your response.
Congratulations again on excellent products and keep up the good work!

No reply, but I can maybe chime in? The CC3000 is quite cool & one of the best solutions for adding wifi. The WiFly products that Sparkfun sells are also quite cool since they can set up their own ad-hock network if not connected. Makes hooking things up a little easier, but if the connection is fixed then the Adafruit module is probably the way to go.

I suggest using Bluetooth LE modules like the HM-10 or HM-11 by HMSoft for communication

They work like magic, they establish a UART connection between the device and client, and also don’t depend on a WiFi network, so you don’t need to reconfigure everything if you go somewhere else, or if you go outdoors for example.

@eric_castro Yeah. +1 for Bluetooth over WiFi. Much easier to setup and use.

J

Hi @jenschr,

Do you have example code of how to make the wifi module work with the robot?

What’s the design architecture?

@eric_castro I have the makeblock BLE module and was wondering how I could use it to control the robot. How do you program the board to process the commands it receives so that it can function like a controller for the robot?

Sorry for the Noob questions.

This link should get you started:

He is using the CC3000 from Adafruit. It’s using SPI and you should be able to hook it up to whatever microcontroller you are using, including port 5 on the BaseBoards from Makeblock. I’ve used it too and it’s fairly good but has some issues.

Another possibility is the ESP8266 IC’s. These are much cheaper (down to $2 each) but they require some experience to make them stable.

Cheers thanks @jenschr I’ll check that out