Part for simple linear motion

In some application cases, customers may need a low cost and simple linear motion solutions, the mechanism should not too big, use less parts, and easy to attach.

The following slide block is just for this, no bearings needed, no special rail needed, sliding on the most frequently used Beam0824…

Any advice on this part design?

Looks great, but without bearings it will consume the aluminum (my opinion) but maybe adding some kind of bearings it will be awesome and really stable, maybe better than the current rail system…

Thanks for your advice, this parts is design for low cost, low payload and low resolution usage. for higher grade usage, we will provide linear bearing and steel axles. as follows:

@Huluwa

Simple and super stable design, I like it :slight_smile: how do u fix the axis to the beam ? there are axis that already has a hole for the M4 screw or u create it ?

Thanks

@Markuits

We will provide axis with M4 holes in both ends, we asked the factory to do a little customization on the standard normal axis. Also, the hole distance on the sliding block are 24mmx16mm, it’s also M4 hole.

Thanks!

I will love to test drive this design :slight_smile: You must create a beta program for fans :slight_smile: we pay a small fee and the shipping and u will send time by time, one or two prototypes for testing for the axis desing, just 2 small axis and 2 bearings, thinks like that, or ur first design

PS: You the Makeblock team must use an unified avatar so we can know that u are a member staff

Cheers

Thanks for your kindly support, Markuitos. We would like to provide our under-developing parts to our enthusiastic to test. but the only problem is that the shipping cost from China to other country may cost about 40USD for a small package, and take 3-5 days on the way. there are some options under 10USD, but it will take about 3 weeks on the way…

@Huluwa, In fact we can wait for 3 weeks to tests the parts, and pay 10usd or 15usd for the shipping. Here in argentina if the packages are under 500gr the package go through customs with no problems and really fast, for bigger package like the kits we have to wait the clearage, and explain and justify why we need them.
With Makeblock in argentina we have the problem that because it contains multiple pieces of same item is considered as a reseller package to sell individual parts (crazy things that we live a diary in Argentina) so for me, I will prefer to pay the shipping (even the express one) and get regularly small package to test parts than get a bigger package as a kit and can’t get it because customs

PS: Of course that we will pay also a subscription or something like that for the parts that u send, ie, I’m not asking for testing part for free, we want to pay for them

Thanks for ur time and support.

If this part of linear motion can be move not only on the double hole beam, but also move on the U shape beam which is much smaller will be better! I think so