Lithium batteries' options for mBot-Blue

Hello,

In the specifications for the mBot-Blue it says that power can be obtained from a 3.7 VDC lithium battery and I’ve found the following options

1. Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 1200mAh
  2. Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 2500mAh
  3. Lithium Ion Battery Pack - 3.7V 6600mAh

So my question is, What is the maximum current amount the mBot will demand from the battery? or which battery should I buy?

Also, if you have references for a battery charger for these batteries I’d appreciate it!

Thanks,

I’ve been buying LiPo batteries from Adafruit (link).

That 2500mAh Adafruit battery seems like what many others on the forum recommend. However, I’m looking at the stated dimensions (2" x 2.55" x 0.30" or 51mm x 65mm x 8mm), and it doesn’t seem to fit the clear plastic rechargeable battery holder that’s included with the mBot kit, which I measure to be 2" x 1 5/16 x 5/16.

I checked several capacities and make of the same LiPo type, and, besides tiny 350mAh or less ones, none fit in that little plastic battery holder.

I don’t see a link on the Makeblock store to one they recommend, so does anyone know which kind they intended on fitting inside the holder they included with the kit?

You may need to opt for a smaller battery, such as a 500 mAh. Adafruit seems to be out of them right now, but I’ve seen them at Staples.com, other electronic supply stores, and especially places that sell robots or drones. Due to shipping restrictions in various countries, Makeblock is not really in a position to recommend a particular LiPo battery.

You need a 4000-5000mah battery,so you choose 2x3.7v 2500mAh Lithium Ion Polymer Battery,
Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 2500mAh:
Weight: 52g
Size: 2" x 2.55" x 0.30" (51mm x 65mm x 8mm)
Output: 2500mAh at 3.7V nominal