Line Follower & Maze Solver

Hello guys. I need to use line follower as well as maze solving in my mbot programme. I have encountered a problem whereby when my mbot reach the crossroad, I couldn’t programme my mbot in such a way that it can select a correct path to move on. Is there anyone can provide me with a solution to my problem? Thank you.

Hi, it is suggested you use the RGB Line follower sensor, the module is characterized by fast detection, field learning function through keys and excellent adaptability.
you can go and learn more information about it: http://learn.makeblock.com/en/rgb-line-follower/

Can you detect the crossroads?

If not, how many sensors are you using? 4 would be preferrable. An interesting paper here on sensor configuration and positioning (there are many more papers)

If so, then are you looking for a maze solver algorithm? There are a number of them -(see wikipedia for some ideas) - it’s a big subject and entirely depends on the complexity of your maze - single/multiple paths, loops,

Hi Murray Elliot,

I never tried to get out of a maze with the mBot. However, the most certain method to get out of a complex maze is probably this: You have to walk along the right wall until you get out.
maze

It is not the fastest method but it is the simplest. Otherwise, there is the +1 / -1 method depending on whether you turn right / left but let’s keep it simple.

Note: No need for another sensor for the mBot. Just go slowly and follow the lines well.